Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin Carpenter

QI60 16 way interrupt module

2 posts in this topic

I'm currently planning an upgrade of a mish-mash of old FX, FX0 and FX2n PLCs, which will all be replaced by one Q series PLC to do the whole lot. No problems, apart from the fact that one of the FX2Ns uses a high speed counter on X0 to count the pulses from a mass flow meter (somewhere in the range of 100 - 200 pulses per second). As far as I know, the more normal Q PLC don't have high speed inputs as standard, and as I expect that the final programme scan time will be greater than 5 ms, I'm looking for a way to count those pulses. I know that there are dedicated high speed counter modules, but I have in my possession a QI60 16 way interrupt module that I have a suspicion might do the job, but am struggling to find an English manual for the modue, so wondered if anyone has used one and could advise. I've never used pointers and interrupts in a Q before ... so any advice would be very welcome. Thanks, Colin

Use a counter card... interrupt would require alot of custom code... at a minimum you would need a high speed input module, not the standard QX40.