Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vnforever10

Sending Mail With ETN21 Card

10 posts in this topic

Dear all: I have some problem with Sending Mail With ETN21 Card. This is my Settings,What's the problem? After I trigger 100.00,appear this mistake Edited by vnforever10
1 person likes this

Here are a few things that we know about ETN21 and Email that have changed over the years. 1. The ETN21 does not use SSL (secure socket layer), which may Email providers now require. If your provider requires SSL, you may only be able to access an email acount from behind a device provided by the ISP (Internet Service Provider), as described below in 2 and 3. 2. My ETN21 can send / recieve Email to my Comcast account, if the ETN21 is behind the router that provicds the Comcast internet connection. 3. My colleague cannot send / recieve Email to the same Comcast accout from a PLC that is not behind a Comcast router, so the Comcast router is providing additional connection information for the Email connection. For gmail, I am fairly certain that gmail requires a SSL connection to send / recieve Email. The other way that you can access gamail is through Webmail, which is Email in a web brower. The ETN21 does not use Webmail. The bottom line from what I know is: You can send / receive Email fine when your ETN21 is behind a router that connects directly to your ISP. You can send / receive Email fine when your Email server is local to your network, and does not need to connect to the Internet. You may need to setup a local Email server in your office that acts as a forwarding device so that the ETN21 can send Email to a local Email server, which forwards it to an Internet Email server.

My ETN21 is behind the router.Router is connecting the Internet. Router have done port forwarding ,I can use the cx-programmer to connect my plc via the Internet,but can't send the mail to my mailaddress.

Below is the setup of my ETN21. xxxxxx has been substituted for the actual Email account, and <ADDRESS1> and <ADDRESS2> have been substituted for the destination Email addresses.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I jumped onto the Forum this morning with the aim of searching for send email (Which I have not done yet ), but is it possible to send emails from the CP1 range of PLC's? I am doing some investigation into this, the PLC will be connected directly to a Cell Modem that can host VPN's etc..

lostcontrol Other than the combination of CP1H + CP1W-EXT01 + CJ1W-ETN21, there is no Email capability in the CP1L / CP1H family. The upcoming release of the CP1L-E (CP1L with Ethernet) may change this, as it has socket services support, but I don't have one of these yet.

thanks a lot I have two questions. DNS address set for the router address? POP Hostname is mail.comcast.net?

Yes, my router has the information from my ISP as to where the DNS server is located, and it passes DNS requests to the DNS server. Yes, mail.comcast.net is the POP server.