Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uncletg1

SCADA and VMWare Workstation 8

3 posts in this topic

Good Day All, Has anyone had success running any of the Big Boys development\runtime (WW, iFIX etc.) on a Virtual Machine. I have been trying to get iFIX to do this and for some reason it will not open my project, it hangs. I have made a backup and tried restoring and I have tried copying the entire C:\Dynamic over. Host OS - Win 7 64bit VM OS - XP Pro SP3 iFIX 3.5 Customer with old load just crashed and does not want to upgrade (typical), and does not have the time to order a XP box. My first thought was to load iFIX on a XP VM and hit Runtime.... This did not work! Any assistance would be appreciated, T.

I have never worked with iFIX but I have to run my Wonderware from a VM and the first time I set it up I had the same problem getting my applications to open or run it turned out that one of the Microsoft Updates required to support the VM had failed to install successfully; after going to Microsoft and re-installing the necessary software my programs ran fine. I doubt that is your problem but make sure you have everything to support your VM.