Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiuman

Omron c1000h & 3g2A6 LK201 communication problem

6 posts in this topic

Hi people, the story goes like this, we wanted to build a simple configuration with omron's c1000h, just to be able to play with it. But we face a problem from the very first thing, and this is how to get communication between PC and PLC. When we put the power on, the PLC lights up "power" and "error" led's, and does'nt give any other sign of life. (we changed the battery which was broken when unit was received). Once we connect LK201 on top, "ready" led lights on (LK201), and when we try to communicate through LSS, winsys or CX programmer, only the "rcv" led goes on. "xmt", which I suppose is transmit led, never lights. Switches on LK201 are set as in the manual: SW1 00000001 SW2 10100011 SW3 10101000 COM port is set as 9600,even,7bit,2stop. We checked the self made serial cable, and it is OK. When we try to connect to LK201 through terminal program from windows, with @00MF00FCS*CR command, also no response come from the unit (rcv lights on LK201, so he receives some kind of question). Can anybody think of some kind of advice, as to what else to try, or how to pinpoint if any of the two devices is broken? Thanks in advance...

its been a while ... and i dont have the manual with me --- but check the command... @00MF00FCS*CR i am not familiar with the command mentioned... but arn;t you meant to calculate the FCS ? .. if you look in the download section - i think i uploaded a fcs calc tool years ago.

For a simple diagnostic, you can use either Supermon or Multiway for a simple Hostlink test. The most basic test command for Hostlink is @00TS123443*<CR> , where <CR> is Carridge Return. @ = Hostlink Header 00 = Hostlink Unit number TS = 'Test' command 1234 = data 43 = FCS *<CR> = terminator Supermon http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=575 Multiway http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=836

Attached is a photocopy / scan of the Hostlink settings that I use for both a 3G2A6-LK201 and a 3G2C7-LK201. C Series Host Link Settings.pdf

for future ref.. FCS calc tool http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=174

Thanks guys for your replays, we used Supermon utility but this is what we get back as an answer: =============================================================== Sent: @00TS123443*<CR> Timeout Better said we do not get any answer We set the dipswitches as PMCR said, but with same results (although the difference is only in RUN or NOT RUN, and CTS 0V or EXT). We rechecked the cable again, and it is by omron drawings, this is how it is connected: 25pin hostlink 9pin rs232 2 - 2 3 - 3 7 - 5 4,5 short / 7,8 short Only RCV LED goes on the moment we click "Calculate Check Code And Send Command", and after a few seconds "Timeout" comes on the screen. Would this mean, then, that the hostlink unit is actually not working, regardless of the Omron PLC?