Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe E.

RSLogix 5000 v20, installation glitch

1 post in this topic

I thought this information might be useful to the board. I tried to install version 20 on top of versions 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 18. It failed. When it got to the point of installing the machine profiles, it just stopped. The first time through, it put a little red "x" on the last thing it tried to install, then gave the "installation finished" screen pointing to the log files. I tried again, then again after rebooting, with similar results. This was at the end of the "Rockwell Automation Software Setup - xxxx...x.log" file: In the end, the tech support engineer said to "try rebooting" (I already had). He said that the error indicated that an installer was already running and that sometimes it takes 2 reboots to clear it out. The problem can also be caused by improperly extracting the zip file or by running the installer from an external USB hard drive. He had me run "mpsetup.exe" manually, from my "native" hard drive, to install the machinery profiles, since that's the process that was failing. After this, RSL5k installed properly without further issue.