Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Feature Check: Factory Talk Transaction Manager: OLD RSSQL

3 posts in this topic

I am helping a couple of guys I know with Factory Talk Transaction Manager. I've never used this or RSSQL. They have setup an upload from the PLC to the SQL and it's working just fine. What they would like to do it drive or trigger an event from SQL, to download from SQL to the PLC tags they have mapped. Looking at Transaction Manager software, it looks like it wants a Procedure for this. Also, looking at the wording for the features of Transaction Manager is says: "Customer that want to upload specific event data from a controller to their corporate database". In my mind, Transaction manager is designed only for ONE WAY communication....Am I right? Who knows for sure? Question #1: Is Transaction manager only ONE-WAY from controller to SQL? Question #2: Do they need something else like Factory Talk Integrator to be-able to do bi-directional communication between SQL and the PLC? Question #3: Is there or can you post a sample of a procedure, or any other samples that might help getting data from SQL written into the PLC tags that are mapped in Transaction Manager? Thanks

I think I found the answer to my own questions. NO NO and see attached. LOL... Link to one of the pages in protected behind TechConnect: https://rockwellauto...54637/related/1 techconnect references: 5966 6848 54637 RecipeExample.zip db2.zip

I am using RSSqL , in transaction monitor all transactions shows fail, Transaction verification shows no results. could you please help in this