Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grisha

MB RS to Ethernet Converter

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all, I interested in all kinds of converters from RS to Ethernet, my current converter is Lantronix and i'm not satisfied 100%. would like to have your opinion and suggestion to other converters. Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Greg.

By RS, do you mean RS-232 or RS-485? What is lacking in the one you have? What options or features are you in need of? An internet search will bring up lots of brands, form my experience most are adequate for general use. Some are special. Like this from Red Lion handles many different protocols and has multiple ports not just one serial and one Ethernet port. :: DATA STATION PLUS :: or the simpler :: ICM8 ::

Hi RussB, Yes i mean RS-232 and 485. with my experience with this device some of them even they new from the package are not working. the main feature i'm looking for that the converter will be able to read more than 1 device per scan(what Lantronix cannot do). any other suggestions will be great and thanks for this ones. Best Regards, Greg.

Grisha, In reading your post, requesting other options for a serial to Ethernet converter, I would like to make you aware of a manufacturer we distribute - Westermo. They offer two products that specifically take s serial transmission and convert it to Ethernet: EDW-100 is a single serial to Ethernet connection EDW-120 is a dual serial to Ethernet connection Information can be viewed through the following link: http://www.eternity-sales.com/Westermo/media_converters.htm Hope this helps with your request. Stephen