Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schui

Slow Laptop

5 posts in this topic

Hi All, Can I ask your advise please I have a laptop XP Pro SP3, it has become very slow in past couple of weeks I have VM Ware Installed on the host machine with only Microsoft Office, email, word, excel etc. On one VM player I have the following RS Logix 5, 500, 5000 Factory Talk View Studio RS Network RS Linx On the second player I have Siemens S7 Win CC I have absolutely no files saved on either machine, I fraghmented the C drive etc, but still the host and both VM's are very slow Could somebody please give me an idea of what the problem could be, or is my machine just past it id appreciate any help or advise you may have Thank you.

Did it run under this configuration fine before? Or did it slow down when you installed VMWare? My laptop (also XP Pro SP3) runs OK until I open a VM, then it tends to slow down a bit. It's usable, but noticeably slower. How much RAM does the computer have? Slightly OT, but you might consider installing FTView in its own VM if you have it to do over again. I'm running a previous version and it mysteriously broke something that affected all of the AB software on my machine. It took uninstalling and reinstalling RSLogix and RSLinx a couple of times for it to straighten out. I still can't install or fully uninstall RSView, so it has its own VM now.

Thanks Joe. E for your reply The laptop has run for nearly 10 months without any hiccups I tried using FT View on Saturday and I had to close down the laptop at least 10 times Just wouldnt finish loading a page or just kept stalling

My first suspicion would be a glitch within FTView itself, just because of bad experiences with its predecessor RSView. You might try your most recently backed up VM that was OK and see if it works better.

You may look into the event viewer (in control panel) of the host computer. I had similar issue and it was a defective hard drive.