Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

windows 7 settings

4 posts in this topic

Got a new laptop to support my machines but having one problem I can't get around yet. If I have my LAN setting on my laptop configured for a static address and am connected to a PLC I cannot figure out how to get my wireless to connect to the wireless network in the plant so I can get to the internet at the same time. In XP I could just manually enable it and force it to connect. Can't figure out how to do multiple connections in win7. I can get connected to the wireless first and get to the internet then as soon as I plug in my ethernet cord to the machine it disconnects from the wireless. Only allowing one network connection at a time LAN or wireless. I did find that you can put the preferences/bindings in different order but that didn't seem to help me any and I can't find any other help yet. I figured only this group of people would understand since I didn't find any help by doing a Google search and reading about people's problems with their home network challenges.

Do you have an HP or Compaq laptop? It may be a BIOS setting. http://cid-25ab668da...N-switching.png

Ken, You nailed it! I've got a HP EliteBook 8560p which I guess I should have mentioned, but I believed this was a windows setting not hardware. I'm connected to my PLC AND talking to you right now! Just what I always wanted. Thanks for your help. Brian

Glad to help, glad it worked.