Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

1788 EN2DN

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was reading malibu's post on 1788 EN2DN. On our site we have a lot of DeviceNet, connected to PLC 5's, 500's and 5000's. My question is where would I use this product? We have a good fiber optic network on-site, to nearly all of my main PLC's. We also have a ControlNet network, but I try not to add newer devices to this, I prefer to add anything new to the EtherNet Network. Conor

We use them for the purpose of connecting our controls LAN PCs running RSNetworx for DeviceNet to each DeviceNet network. All we have done is place one on each network, all connected to our controls Ethernet LAN and give them each a unique IP address. We have not used them in any of the scanlists or as a bridge for actual control. We use them to avoid having to use the passthrough driver. They are much much faster than banging through a SLC backplane to get on the DeviceNet network when a device needs to be reconfigured or troubleshot. Also, we use that path with Drive Executive quite a bit too. Edited by OkiePC

Thanks Paul. I may look into this for my site. Do you connect these into a managed switch?