Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikos

How can I tell where the program is stored?

3 posts in this topic

I apologize for this rudimentary question, but please bear with me. Have a CQM1H and CX programmer hmi running a hydro ponic system taht I've previously posted about. How can I determine what program (if any) is stored in the plc, and what is downloaded from the cx program? What I want to do is clear the plc and play with it, manually read it's inputs, toggle outputs, but I want to be able to return it to normal operation after I'm done. Is there somekind of back-up/restore I should be doing? I guess what I'm asking is how can I tell if everything required for operation is in the cx program/scada regards, and again, sorry for asking basics, nikos

If you want to save the program that may currently be on there, just do an upload from the PLC once you are online. Then save it. to clear the program and anything that is on the PLC when you are online, got to the PLC menu at the top menu bar, and select clear all menu areas. Check off initialize too. Once its done the old program will still appear on your computer screen, but that isnt what is in the PLC now. Upload again and you will see that there is nothing there.

Or download a new program that only incudes an end instruction - quicker.