Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smario

Communication between Vigilohm XLI300 and Omron

4 posts in this topic

Hello As you see in the title i want to make a communication between a Vigilohm XLI300 (by Merlin Gerin) and a omron PLC using SCU41. XLI300 use a modbus protocol named JBUS. Is this communication possible? How to make wiring between SCU and XLI300 Thank You

Not a problem I would think. Modbus and J Bus are virtually the same normally - juts 1 address to the left. You can use the Modbus RTU protocol macro available in the download section to load into the SCU. When you assemble your PMCR instruction in the PLC just use the 'real' address not the Modbus address ie no offset. You may find with Schneider for communications you will either have to set up with parity chack or if you do not wish to use parity then you will have to set up with 2 stop bits - all Schneider devices I have used have required 2 stop bits for no parity.

I try with the Modbus RTU protocol macro, but still i cannot connect I use the same protocol with a PM500 from Schneider also and communication works fine

Have you tried 8,none,2 for the SCU? Schneider are a bit feral about Modbus RTU and 8,none,1 does not work. I do not know the Merlin Gerin unit and really cannot help further.,