Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pattyo

Using the CP1H PLC w/ extension module

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, We've been struggling here with a CP1H PLC for the last couple weeks and can't figure out one issue. We're trying to use this analog extension module CP1W-DA041 and have followed the directions in the -W450 Omron manual (Connect module, write range code #FF00 to next address), but it just doesn't work. We are still a little confused as to what address exactly we should be addressing. It tells us to do the next address after the last allocated address, but is that referring to the next analog or digital address (I believe 214 is the next analog word, 102 is the next digital word). Maybe these will help: I talked with a guy at Omron and he told me the same thing as the manual says. I expressed concerns about the CP1W-DA041 not showing up in the I/O setup table (only CJ- models) and he said that's normal, and to simply address the next channel. Any suggestions?

To the next digital word, so yes maybe 102, depend of how many IO it have. You have to use the first scan for your MOV instruction so you write it only once. Edited by pfort

Okay, so... I'm doing it right then? We have the First_Cycle flag/command so it should only run once when we boot the PLC. Then with regards to the address, the DA041 has 4 analog outs. Would I address these as 102 through 105, or 1020-1023, or some other way? I am new to this so let me know if I'm using the wrong terminology. This unit has 40 I/O. What you see in the picture is all we have connected to it. Edited by pattyo

I cant see the pictures. Yes your analog will be addressed as 102 to 105 channels.

You have to set the range code for each 2x channel that you are using (1&2 = 102, 3&4 = 103 etc). What range are you trying to set& #FF00 does not make a valid settings! For both channels to be the same, the following settings would apply: #8088 := -10 to +10 #8099 := 0 to +10v #80CC := 4-20mA You also need to program a 200mS delay time before writing a command value to the module. This is all in Section 7 of W450-E1-06. (CP1H-Operation Manual) Edited by lostcontrol

Okay, so the manual we were using W450-E1-01 had listed #FF00 as the command for 0-10V analog output, but now I am seeing the proper range code in the -06 manual! A recent discussion with Omron suggested that we need to use #0099 for a 0-10V, but #8099 seems correct since page 404 in the W450 manual says to set bit 15 on the n+1 and n+2 to '1'. I'm going to try this now and I'll report back. Thanks for the help :)

Oops Thanks to correct me, i was too lazy to check in manual before reply. #FF00 was the range code for CPM1A-MAD01.

I am happy to report that I got it working! We followed the directions in section 7 and as mentioned above and it worked. However... it is important to note that you cannot only assign a range code to the 102 channel, even if you are only using the first analog output. You must assign the code to both 102 and 103 before either one will work. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I still have another issue with an ethernet plug-in, but that is a different topic.