Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scada Tom

Some advice on PLC network programming

2 posts in this topic

I am programming up a PLC network communicating via fiber optic. The main PLC, a SLC 5/05, has the programs and controls, and is accessed via radio to start and stop pumps and wells. The Well sites are ML1100s. The well will be started via its local panelview - Well motor controller in auto Start well at PV Signal goes to ML1100 and should then to 5/05 to turn on its PV run switch (so it can be turned off via radio) The 5/05 sends signal back to ML1100 to start the well. Question: How should the control be done? MSG blocks? Accessing the data bits directly via the fiber? Thanks

I have been building pump stations all year. My systems are all CLX so the programming is a tad different however... I build my local control logic for the location similar to what is contained in the PDF's that are attached to my response to this thread (scroll down to near the bottom). Ie it has a STOP rung. In that stop rung I place a "SCADA Lockout" bit that comes from our SCADA center. Actually it comes from the alarm and shutdown routine and it is latched by itself and a notted reset bit when the SCADA Lockout command is sent. It's a direct write from the HMI but if you feel compelled to create a MSG and write to it from the SLC that should work too.