Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hawkeye

Mitsubishi High speed counter

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have got a A1SD62E high speed counter card which i want to use to monitor 2 water flow meters.Both meters giving 1 pulse per litre.Its a A2AS plc.The wiring side i am good with. Its the initial addressing that im not. Its going into slot 13 on the back plane. If im honest i don't understand the addressing side of it.Step 7 hardware config is easy this im afraid is my nemesis.In fact i cant see where any of the cards addressed.Im using GX Developer Ver 8 and have attached the program if it helps. Any ideas please? SyrupRm.zip

Cards are addressed starting at zero, with each card typically occupying 16 or 32 points. The PLC uses a free addressing system, so each module gets assigned exactly what addresses it needs, all in sequence with no gaps. It's not important what slot the module is in, but what modules are in front of it. If you provide a list of the modules, we can tell you how they are addressed.

Hi Crossbow, thanks for getting back to me. I have a A2ASCPU-S1, then 7 x A1SX81 input cards, then 1 x A1SY41 output card, then 3 x A1SY10EU output cards, then 5 x A1SY10 output cards, then finally a A1SJ71AT21B network card. I would like to put 2 x A1SD62E high speed counter cards in the next 2 slots. Reading the manual for these cards it mentions using inputs to set different parts of the read and move commands. i.e. X020 to set Y014. Are these X and Y numbers associated with the cards internal workings or do i need to use the X and Y numbers that are associated with the slots the cards are going in?

Here's a quick rundown of your rack layout and addressing. All I/O addressing is hex. A1SX81 is a 32-point input card, so it occupies 32 bits. First card X0-X1F, second X20-X3F, X40-X5F, X60-X7F, X80-X9F, XA0-XBF, XC0-XDF. Next was your A1SY41, which is a 32-point output module. Addressing is consecutive, so this is YE0-YFF. Next was A1SY10EU, which is a 16 point relay output module. Y100-Y10F, Y110-Y11F, Y120-Y12F. A1SY10 is the same module, 16 outputs. Y130-Y13F, Y140-Y14F, Y150-Y15F, Y160-Y16F, Y170-Y17F. Network module is 32 points, so it uses 180-19F, and it can use both X and Y. All that said, your high speed counter cards are 32 points. Your first would be 1A0-1BF, your second 1C0-1DF. See the manual to see how it uses those X and Y addresses, but it always occupies them.

Thanks very much Crossbow, much appreciated. Have a good christmas