Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duranthas

GOT1000 & MRJ3-T I/O

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, I'm having a bit of an issue and am hoping I could get some guidance. First, here is my setup: I have a MR-J3-350T4 servo hooked to a GT1665M-VTBA panel via the CN3 port of the servo (RS485). Basically what I'm using the panel for is monitoring and editing position (point table) data but would like to add 1 small feature and am struggling. What I would like is to add a lamp on one of the screens to show if the servo has been homed. Currently we have an output from the servo wired to an input card of a AB 5/04 PLC but I really would love to display this on the panel. The problem I'm runing into is that I am quite unfamiliar with the GOT panels as most of my experience has been with AB and AD type panels, and to further complicate it I was only given about an hour how-to from the previous engineer who is no longer employed with us on programming these things. I've read the GX Designer 3 manuals (both the Fundamentals GT_Designer3_SH(NA)-080866ENG.pdf and the Functions GT_Designer3_SH(NA)-080867ENG.pdf) but still am not seeing exactly how to do this. When I add a lamp, it asks bit or word. I chose word, and then for device I chose DO3. How exactly do I go from there to looking for the ZP output of the servo? My device is showing a 0-1 DO3 but how do I get the lamp to turn on and off for the ZP pin? If you could just point me towards a more appropriate manual or show me where I missed it in the aforementioned manuals I'd be very grateful. Thanks Duranthas

Hello, I'm not sure what software you are using, but I have a similar setup and the motion controller should have dedicated m bits, d registers, etc. There should be a m bit associated with each axis beimg homed. Are you programming the motion with MT Developer 2? -Dave

I knew I'd forget some important detail... I'm using GT Designer 3 to program the GOT screen.

In the Fundamentals manual in the back it lists the available addresses in the device and their functions. In Appendix 3, under Servo Amplifier is a section (7) explaining the addresses of the J3-T. The DI seems to be 32-bit word data. Same information is in the Connection Manual under the servo section under Devices That Can Be Set. For details on that 32 bits, look at the manual for the MR-J3-T in the section detailing the serial communication function. It details what each bit in those words means. You can see ZP (completion of the homing routine) in the DO list. SH(NA)080868 SH(NA)030061

There is an example program on Mitsubishi's US website for MR-J3-A communication with a GOT. It would be very similar. www.meau.com Downloads Programming Examples Search in the titles for Servo

I'll be honest, the sample program on the MEAU site has me more confused than I was before. In their example they are looking at various I/O, and for this example I'll go with the ZSP signal. They have a Word Comment Display, and have the device listed as a "GD1800". I don't understand that because I was thinking I need it to be "1-0 DO" for a Melservo on Channel 1. Then they have it set for a range of "GD2512==0" or 1 respectively. It's the syntax that's killing me here. How are they seeing DO when using GD1800? And how did they come up with GD2512? I pulled up the manuals you suggested and am not seeing how they came to see DO from a GD. I even looked in the manual for a J3-A which is what they have the GOT set for but wasn't seeing any link. Am I way off base here or is their sample program not right?

I attatched 2 screenshots, the sampleservo.jpg being the MEAU sample program and the myservo.jpg being my own and where I'm confused at. Thanks

I've never used it. Look for something in script possibly which is moving data into the GD registers. Or the device data transfer table.