Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

Ultra 5000 vs Yaskawa servo motor

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, need your help on this. I have Yaskawa servo motor (200V) I would like to control with Ultra5000 drive. Manual says the output is 120 or 230 Vac, can I limit output to 200V for be able to run this motor? Thanks

To use anything other than an AB servo motor you will need a motor database generated by Rockwell $$$. (Some OEM's have done this so they can use a different motor to an AB motor) If you have 120v in you will get 120v out, if you have 240v in you will get 240v out, that is what the 120/240v means. I know of no way to limit the output voltage to 200v when using a 240v supply.

The only Rockwell servo-drive product I could think of being able to decently control a third party servo-motor is the Kinetix 6000-6500 family within a Logix motion control environment. Kinetix 6000-6500 drives were specifically designed for this kind of integration; they have a wide variety of position feedback interfaces and rely on a combination of User provided and Auto-Tunning Motor & Feedback data at comissioning time.

no way the output wave (voltage,current) is decided by DSP caculatering, considering the speed,postion,torque,and so on. otherwise there is id signal a through the encoder.that means some company's driver can't diver another company's motor.