Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ger1

RX Logix programming help

4 posts in this topic

Hi, RX Logix is new to me as I have only used Mitsubishi so far. We have now got some machines with Allen Bradley and I am looking for information on programming/alternation techniques. Does anyone have a list of the inputs/outputs, timers, counters, etc. and what they are used for? I would be grateful for some help on this. Also, if I want to modify the programs in the PLC, do I need the full software package and cable and what's the best way to go about this? Cheers

First, identify exactly what type Allen Bradley PLCs you are dealing with.

Look in the Help menu, Contents, Instructions. Each should be listed with a description of how they can be used.

If you are working with Control Logix there isn't really a "list" inputs, outputs, timers, and counters. CLX raised the bar for how PLC programs are written but the first go around with CLX can be a little daunting. The programmers is in control of structure. My recommendation is to get the full software package if you think that you are going to make any changes or additions to the program. It's always good to have a cable in case there is no Ethernet card. I use Ethernet in all of my boxes. I can't imagine having to flash a controller with a cable. Actually I can... I did it once and that was too many times.