Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

RTC MicroLogix 1100 Series B

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was just trying to use the RTC function to monitor the watchdog on a Micrologix 1100. I have but in the following, but it won't verify. XIC RTC:0.SEC TON T4:0 1.0 5 0 What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Conor

XIC is a bit instruction while RTC:0.SEC is a word. If this is incorrect someone will be along to fix me. Hope this helps

RTFM Thanks Bob. Ok, if this is word can some explain how I would be able to monitor the whole word to see if its value is changing every second, please Edited by Conor

use a comparative instruction (EQU, NEQ, GRT, GEQ, LES, LEQ)

I think I remember something about the Micrologix RTC's second value only updating every 2 seconds.

You're right, update is 2 sec. For get a one second update you could use STI interrupt. Set interrupt at 1 sec. For your application, I can suggest you to reset the timer in STI routine (RES T4:0) and put your timer in continuous routine Lad2 by default (T4:0 1.0 5). That it, the timer sould never reach the DN bit because is reseted at 1 sec rate. Wish I help

Thanks slcman, just tried that out and it is exactly what I was looking for

Just wondering if you could post your working example. Thanks

Hi mhowasso, See attachment. I changed the time base on T4:0 to milliseconds just so I could see the timer getting reset Conor DCCFLOWS.RSS Edited by Conor
1 person likes this