Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

PowerFlex 40 on DeviceNet

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have just installed a new Powerflex 40 in place of a AB Soft start. The old configuration used an E3Plus O/L as well, and we were able to monitor the current from this. I have set-up the Powerfllex and am able to start the drive, send down a speed ref (hz) and read back the speed feedback (hz). When I mapped the drive onto the DeviceNet it came in with 4 bytes inputs and 4 outputs. 2 bytes Logic Status and 2 bytes Feedback for the inputs and 2 bytes Logic Command and 2 bytes Reference for the outputs. Anyway is there anyway that I can increase this to monitor the current from the drive as well. I can see the live data fine when on RSNetWorx Thanks, Conor Sorry, the drive is a 22B-D4P0N104 with a 22-COMM-D devicenet card Edited by Conor

Conor, you cannot have it right inside the I/O image, you need to use Explicit messages from controller... Take a look to the 22-COMM-D User Manual, chapter 6 - fuzzy logic

Thanks Fuzzy, I will check that out. When you say that, then it makes more sense to me