Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garym

PanelView 550

4 posts in this topic

I have a PanelView 550 that I can use for a project I am currently working on. I have used RSView32 in the past to build HMI. My question is: Can the PanelView be used store recipes like RSView? I need to store approx 30 recipes for read/write to SLC5/04. I haven't found very much detail in how/if this can be done. Thanks in advance gary m

PanelView Standard terminals are much more of a "pushbutton replacement" sort of device than an true HMI like RSView or Wonderware. PanelBuilder32 has no built-in recipe object, and there is no way to read and write recipe files to the terminal except in the context of an application file. You can't even create "internal" tags that don't have a PLC data table address associated with them. This isn't to say you cannot use a PanelView 550 and SLC-5/04 to perform a recipe-type function. The recipes values and management just have to be in the PLC itself, and the PanelView is used as a way to access and command that logic.

I think RSView will be the way to go... I will need the flexibility to quickly change variables. My main goal was reduce cost in building this system. Are there any other good HMI SW packs out there? Thanks

I don't think that the PV550 has "memory tags" if that's where you want to store teh recipes. If you want a very powerful and versatile HMI with free software look at the Red Lion G3. Depending on the PLC and other devices you want to communicate with, even their little Kadets are sleek, fast and solid... You can easily build recipes in a G3 with Crimson 3.0 for any of their products.