Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
svn

I/Os on EthernetIP

5 posts in this topic

I know that CS1D simplex and duplex systems support insertion and removal of I/O and other units under power. I think no other series of Omron PLCs support this. My application does not require redundancy but requires insertion / removal of I/O under power. CS1D-S is costly for the application. I also know that Slice I/Os support this feature but considering the low I/O density of the units, the cost becomes high. So my question is, has anybody used third party cost-effective I/Os (on ethernetIP or devicenet) which support this feature but work with Omron CS or CJ as master? If yes then were there any integration problems? Thanks in advance. SVN

Hello Svn, All of Omron's Smartslice IO is hot-swappable. If you choose ProfiNET then you can have a redundant ring, too (with suitable switches). Pp

ParaffinPower, Thanks for the response. I have already considered the Smartslice option but because of low per-unit I/O density of Smartslice I/Os, the system is becoming costlier. Hence I am looking for other options. SVN

Thanks for the response. I shall check the price of Wago and Beckhoff. These I/Os are quite similar in I/O densities to Omron SmartSlice. SVN