Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Straingauge

Compactlogix cmp function problem

12 posts in this topic

I am using an Allan Bradley compactlogix 1769-L3E processor and a 1769-IF8. I have a batch weighing routine where the system tares off before each batch ingredient is filled into a hopper. The routine milkbatch works fine ( see attached jpg), When the sytem moves onto the next ingredient Glucose (see attached jpg glucosebatch). The routine does not tare off the initial milk ingrdient. I cant see why? can anyone help. I can attach the whole .acd file if that files cheers and thanks in advance john Edited by Straingauge

Is the subroutine being called?

In your second picture, the tare has no chance to be called. The output 'Batching Glucose' turns on immediately when the milk portion is done. Try moving the current rung two to the position just before rung zero. Edited by b_carlton

Hi there, The glucose batching does not begin until the HMIFILLGLUCOSE contact is closed, this should give the tare routine time to get a value, before the batching_glucose contact takes the power off the tare routine. cheers and thanks for your help john

Hi Mickey, the routine is called via the milk_complete contact which enables the HMIGLUCOSE contact which when operated brings in the batching_ glucose coil. Should I be using a jump command or something to go to a new ladder routine? cheers and thanks again

Hi there, I have attached the rslogix5000 project if anyone can help. The milk works perfect but then goes to fill the Glucose but the glucose batching_glucose rung does not complete even though all the contacts are made and the logic is correct in the less than function box. cheers john Syrup.ACD

I cannot see where there are any references to move to the next routine "JSR". Unless i am missing something it seems as if only the "main" routine in each task will execute?

I concur with rkukl. If a program has more than one routine only the one designated in the program's properties as 'main' is called. There must be JSR's from that routine to the others for them to be called. Either Main - JSR - another routine Main - JSR - another routine Main - JSR - another routine Or Main - JSR another routine - JSR another routine - JSR another routine will provide the linking. You have another program which has more than one routine and it has the same problem. Edited by b_carlton