Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AzCtrlEng

Any FTView Guru's Around?

6 posts in this topic

I am using FTView SE 5.10 I am trying to figure out the best way to do the following. I have a graphics display that contains 10 String Display objects and a Combo Box. When the user makes a selection from the combo box I want to assign a tag to each string display for viewing of the tag data. The tags will be different based on the user selection of the combo box. For Example: Combo Box has five choices SITE 1 through SITE 5. There are 10 String Display Objects STRINGDISPLAY1 through STRINGDISPLAY10. When user selects SITE 1 in the combo box I want to map a tag named SITE_01_DATA1 to STRINGDISPLAY1 . . . SITE_01_DATA10 to STRINGDISPLAY10 When user selects SITE 2 in the combo box I want to map a tag named SITE_02_DATA1 to STRINGDISPLAY1 . . . SITE_02_DATA10 to STRINGDISPLAY10 etc, etc. I figured underlying VBA code to do this but not sure exactly the best most efficient way to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Seems to me you would want to use the parameter passing capability and possibly a global macro. But try parameter passing first.

You could create and tag 10 strings and group them for Site1 and have visiblity based of the value of the combobox, then copy for each stie with corrected tags and state of combobox.

I am not familiar with parameter passing. Can you explain how this works?

Read up on the "Macro" Pushbutton. You could put five "Macro" Pushbuttons on the screen corresponding to each Site. Each "Macro" Pushbutton would run a macro. Each macro would equate the Sire specific string tags into the generic string tags that you have displayed on the screen.

As an alternative to the other suggestions and VBA, you might investigate the multistate indicator instead of using string displays. You can embed the tag in the indicator's display, then use the combo box's value to change the indicator's state (an HMI memory tag would suffice for this.)