Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BluBev

Factory Talk Asset Centre - Panel View Backup/Disaster Recovery

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Just joined up today. I was hoping I could get some help with an issue im having. I am implementing AssetCentre and I am trying to back up a PanelView Plus 1500 device. When I connect to the Panel View through Factory Talk View, I get 3 .mer files from it. They are xxxxxx.mer xxxxxxx1.mer and xxxxxxx2.mer. Regardless of which file I specify as the configuration data file, I receive an error during the backup in AssetCentre. The error received is "Runtime file not found". I also dont understand why Im getting 3 .mer files from the device. Any help would be greatly appreciated! See the attached screenshots for the files and a shot of the error.

We are not yet backing up panelview or panelview plus with Asset Centre only the Rslogix Programs, but I am womndering if you've drilled down far enough. You still have a plus sign in front of the PanelviewPlus and the Ok is greyed our in your jpeg. Just a thought.

Check your schedule configuration. PVPs need to have the config file specified at the asset level in the tree, as well as their specific MER file specified in the schedule. Select the schedule, then in the pane where you see the status select the PVP itself (as in your second screenshot.) In the right pane, you should see Asset specific properties -> Source File Name. You'll need to fill in the specific MER file you want it to back up here, along with the file extension (e.g., MyFile.MER)

Thanks for the help guys. I will try some of the suggestions tomorrow.