Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madnlooney

Momentum M1 171CCC98020 not connecting to network

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, Just joined and was just looking for some help, im trying to back up a Momentum M1 171CCC98020 plc with option adaptor. Im using proworx32 and been able to read the program and write it to a new adapter. The problem i am getting is when i now connect this one in place of the old one it doent connect to the network. The IP, gateway, subnet address' seem right as i can connect it direct to laptop. On the front there a lan st LED indector which is telling me the following from manual 'no 10base-t link pulse detected' This has confused me a little as plcs are new to me and im now any help would really help Thanks in advance

I know the IP address on those units used to be configured through BOOTP. Are you certain you have the correct IP address on the new one? And that the old one is not still on the network with the same IP?

The old one i have read the config off and flashed this straight to the new one. Also transfer to eeprom. when i connect stright to the new plc via laptop i can ping it and see it when i do a netscan. I replaced the old one with this new one which then doent connect connect. I changed just the Momentum M1 171CCC98020 with the old one to see if there was anything else causing it but it seems its something to do with the Momentum M1 171CCC98020 as it didnt connect. im not sure how to change the bootp permantley to the ip. I also think the ip address is in config. due to flashing a different plc's config on the system and the ip changes.

You're going to have to read up on the Ethernet setup for that... I haven't touched one in 8 years, so I am beyond rusty...