Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
b_carlton

CP1H - CP1W

3 posts in this topic

Brand new to Omron My supplier speced CP1H-XA490DT1-D CPU with 2 CP1W-20EDT1 expansion modules Using CX One Lite I can't select the CP1W units as expansion. If I connect to the power up CPU with its expansion units attached and upload the CPU shows up fine but the expansion units don't appear. Any help? Note: posting at PLCtalk also Edited by b_carlton

Expansion units don't appear in the CP1 range (as you may expect in other brands). The expansion units are automatically memory following the base units (CP1H) IO allocation. I am off to office just now, but give me half hour & I will post back. Do you have Omron Manuals? Edit: Your part no is not quite correct, but lets assume that you have the CP1H with 24xDi, 16xDO, 4xAI, 2xAO. Your expansion modules are 12xID & 8xDO. Your addressing will be as follows: Digital Inputs: CP1H : 0.00-0.11 & 1.00-1.11 Exp. #01 : 2.00-2.11 Exp. #02 : 3.00-3.11 Digital Outputs CP1H : 100.00-100.07 & 101.00-101.07 Exp. #01 : 102.00-102.07 Exp. #02 : 103.00-103.07 Analogue Inputs CP1H : 200-203 Analogue Outputs CP1H : 210-211 This should get you started at least! Edited by lostcontrol

Thanks - yes I apparently fat-fingered the '9' in that CPU number. Apparently I don't have to specify the expansion as you mentioned. I did a little flasher output program and verified that the expansion outputs get turned on at the appropriate addresses. The local addresses have a 'Q' prepended and it seems like the expansion should also but they don't. I got in touch with Omron support and they ae basically verifying. I wil more than likely be back with more.