Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nova5

BSL-BSR

7 posts in this topic

Can I use the BSL or BSR to loop the bits stored in a word? From what I currently know it sounds like anything that leaves one side or the other is lost. IE.. 1000000000000001 becomes 0000000000000011 1000000000000010 becomes 0000000000000101 with use of a BSL? I am doing this to create a simulated system that will cycle between 3 pumps to keep run times balanced between all 3. Trying to learn things here to move into a new field so help in understanding rather than do this and it'll work is much better for me. I come from a 16 year career in computer and network system troubleshooting, repair, operation. Ml1100 series is the PLC I'm learning with. Edited by Nova5

Check the instruction help. I think the BSL and BSL sets an overflow bit in the Status file (S2) when a 1 gets shifted out. You just be able to use that to set the start bit in the array.

see if this helps ... note that you can click the figure to enlarge it ... and welcome to the forum ... . Edited by Ron Beaufort

Hi, Just a thought if you have 3 pumps that I assume are doing the same job i.e. duty and 2 standbys? Then you should run all three nut not for the same amount of time the reason is you need to wear them at different rates otherwise you can get all three failing more or less to gether so I would run for 1 day the other for 2 and the third for 4 so the 3rd punp wears out first but none of the pumps seaze. I learnt this the hard way many many years ago. If I got it wrong then ignor this Mr Jinx

Hi NOVA5, You can use sequencer output if you want to interchange operation of 3 pumps. BigR

That's the answer that popped into my head when I woke up this morning.. just a well DUH moment. Thanks.

Found that I had to use an odd number for the length rather than an even. An even would result in a either the 1 or 0 being duplicated somewhere along the line. As it is I got the program fully functional. Now to document everything going on in it. Is there a way to comment branches or do i just add it to the main rung comment? RSLogix 500 Lite.