Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mahmoudsaed19

help for terminal NT11s with plc omron cqm1

7 posts in this topic

i am a beginner in the plc and i have terminal omron NT11S and plc CQM1 and i want to know how to program the terminal first and the cable used for and how to make connection between it and the PLC and how to send and receive data between them and how to use the hostlink in the plc .

I would suggest you start with the manual for the NT11S. All of the information you are looking for is in the manual. NT11S Support Software Manual Here is a link to the software tool. NT11S Support Tool Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

thank you for the manual and the program i will start with them and if you have any thing to help me to can use the host link and NT link in plc CQM1 and how use them in programming i will be grateful thank you again

Communications between the plc and nt will be automatic and transparent. All you will need to do is set the addresses in the NT support tool that you need to display or adjust. Host Link and NT Link are Omron communication protocols. Basically, Host Link communicates an entire word at a time. NT Link can work at the bit level. NT Link will be a little faster than Host Link. If you are trying to use Host Link protocol to communicate between the plc and a computer, that is a different subject. There is a manual that explains Host Link and how to create computer code to work with the plc. Hope this will help.

thank you again it starts to be clear to me . so as you say if i want to communicate between PLC and a terminal like NT11s for example there isn't a special commands for that i just use the addresses i set in the terminal directly . the difference only if i want to communicate with computer. is it right what i understand ? and if i you can tell me the name of the manual to communicate with computer or attach it for me it will be helpful . thank you again for your help

Yes, I believe you do understand correctly. This manual explains the Host Link commands. It also covers the Host Link hardware, this part is not important to you. You really just need to look at the commands and the structure of the strings to communicate with a computer. Host Link Manual I hope this will help.

thank you very much for your helpful information it helps me very much i will start with manuals you attach and if i have any thing unclear for me i will ask for a help. thank you again for your help and time