Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

CJ1M-CPU12-ETN - ethernet unit setup

4 posts in this topic

Hi I wanted to setup ETN Unit as it is in manual W441-E1-03, but my unit version is 4.0 and it looks different then in manual for v.3.0 In I/O table I do not have ETHERNET UNIT asyou see below Do you have any experience with Unit v.4.0?

Resolved I had to add CJ1W-ETN21 ( ETN21-mode) as a unit 00

Resolved I had to add CJ1W-ETN21 ( ETN21-mode) as a unit 00 The strange is that I cannot be online from CX Integrator with CP1M-CPU12-ETN via ethernet. I used exactly the same setup in CX-Programmer and then I had connection without problem. Cx Integrator does not want to establish connection. I do not know why.

When you connected with CX Programmer, did you have '0' for the Source FINS Network, Destination FINS Network, and Destination FINS Node? CX Programmer will connect with these settings, but CX Integrator will not. This is because CX Integrator is a networking tool, and needs to be able to span multiple FINS networks. Using '0' for the 3 items above limits CX Programmer to a local connection only. Newer versions of CX Integrator alert you to this, and allow you to connect via Ethernet locally to setup a FINS Routing Table, and then you can connect ot the PLC with CX Integrator via Ethernet with proper FINS Network and Node information.