Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
autocontrolit

5/04 Memory Problems

2 posts in this topic

I have a 5/04 in a block plant that I do contract work for, they had an issue with the processor a couple of weeks ago faulted. They loaded the eeprom to get back running and since I can not get the processor to run without the eeprom. If I load the program with all settings for load eeprom unchecked the processor when powering back up (runs fine until you shut it down) faults can not even get online without without powering the unit down and doing a reboot and reloading the program. I already changed the processor thinking I had memory issues, the battery is new. This one has me stumped any ideas? Shawn

A bad power supply has been known to cause memory errors with the SLCs similar to what you describe. Try a new power supply, and remove the EEPROM and/or uncheck the bits to load from EEPROM. Also a bad card can cause crap on the backplane to freak out the CPU which safely bails out and wipes itself...This one can be hard to detect if its intermittent and can even be related to a field device driven by a relay output card.