Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

GOT question

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a very peculiar situation here, and I wonder if anyone has experienced this before. I am using a GT1665M-VTBD HMI. I installed this unit yesterday on an older machine that was running with a MTA-G1 interface. The G1 ended up with a stuck button rendering it useless. Also this screen is obsolete already so I couldn't just replace it. Anyways, this machine has a lot of analog out to proportional valves for the hydraulic circuit and there is something funny going on with the scaling in the HMI. On some of the numerical inputs for the hydraulic functions it seems like the HMI is subtracting 1 from whatever is entered. There is scaling, but it is to divide by .05 on the write to the PLC, and conversly, multiply by .05 for the moniter. So entering a value of 70 gives me a value of 1400 in the PLC and for some reason it is returing a value of 69 to the HMI. Even stranger there are several of these functions and they are not all like this. Some work fine even though everything is the same in the parameters of the numerical input. I even went so far as to delete one of the non-working numerical inputs, copied one of the working ones and re-addressed it and it still doesn't work! For now I have band-aided it and added 1 to the monitered value on the HMI on the affected values. There is nothing in the PLC program to affect the values either. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. plcdp

Sounds like a rounding error when it multiplies by .05. So perhaps the value is 69.9999 and you don't have it set to show any decimal places.

I don't see how it could be a rounding error. The operator can only enter a whole number between 1-100. Any number in that range produces a whole number when divided by .05 Does this make sense or am I off base? Thanks for the help, plcdp

Check for an offset setting in the HMI display device or tag database. I am not sure if your HMI has that feature, but I have seen it in the past.

Please check at the advanced menu if data operation is perfomed