Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NinerSevenTango

Copying Attributes?

5 posts in this topic

I'm using an NS10 and am using a few Label objects as Message Displays. Is there any way to make a certain font, color, and justification the default for all the messages? Secondly, is there any way to copy a different set of attributes to individual messages? Some need to have different font sizes, colors, etc. You can do a lot with a message display, but it is EXTREMELY tedious to have to go through each one and individually set each and every attribute. And it is not convenient to check the display on each one, either, unless I'm missing something. Thanks for any advice you might be able to give, --97T--

Have you thought about using a common Message Display(s), and then passing the Message Text in?

On a given screen you select all, then edit properties. You get a table where it is easy to copy-paste text, attribute, etc... between elements. Edited by pfort

Thanks for your reply. I assume you are describing the String Display and Input object? (Looked everywhere and can't find anywhere there is something called Message Display, except as a choice in the Label object.) And hard-coding the strings in ladder? This might be less trouble maybe, but I can't see where it allows you to change the text size, color, and background.

Thanks, Sparky. When you choose "Use as Message Display" in the Label object, all the choices are grayed-out in the properties dialog for that object. It's likely because there are a user-chosen number of messages to display, each with its own attributes. Tried 'use as default', that just copies the entire label object, strings and all. Tried the string table, I just deleted a long explanation, let's just say it wasn't what I was hoping for (not a time-saver!) and doesn't give a way to set the attributes as far as I know.