Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirius0

SLC500 output module on board transistors or triac?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a SLC500 output module (1746-OB32). In other words an output card. We believe that a transistor or triac on the board has failed. The part number on the triacs or transistors is J378. Can anyone give me a tip as to what 'of the shelf' part would work as a replacement. Thank you. Chris

Do some searching, maybe start here http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=J378 and if there are any other numbers or lettering on the item, they could be important as well. Edited by Shiner

Not to be a smart booty, but oh well - what's wrong with another 1746-OB32 and replace the entire card. The amount of time and effort you'll spend finding and repalcing the transistor / triac you could ahve the situation fixed. You might alos want to check out the myriad of third parties who repair RA hardware for a living. They probaably won't share their "secret" information but you might get a really cheap repair quote.

Take a look at this datasheet. It may be what you're looking for. Good luck finding one, though. Digi-Key shows them as a 2000 minimum order with 0 in stock and Arrow Electronics shows 0 in stock. They are the only two big players that lists them. You may be able to cross-reference to another part number or brand.

It is a whole lot quicker and easier to just replace the card instead of trying to fix it. Dont throw the card out though, whith just one bad output I would save it for another spare.