Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckaroo

RSLOGIX 500 8.30

6 posts in this topic

I recently updated RSLOGIX 500 to the latest version, 8.30. On the same computer I am running an RSVIEW 32 project. RSVIEW 32 is version 7.50. When I am navigating through the RSVIEW 32 project by bringing up different trends, etc, I am now getting a pop up window where it looks like RSLOGIX 500 version 8.30 is attempting to install. It goes through this and then a message comes up that says "Error 1706 no valid source could be found for product RSLOGIX 500 english 8.30. The windows installer cannot continue." It did not do this before the upgrade and RSLOGIX 500 8.30 is installed, activated, and will run. Anyone see this before and have an idea as to what is going on and how to fix? I was in contact with support and they suggested some conflict with RSVIEW 32 but that is at its latest version so I am stumped. Thanks for any help. Tom

Seen sometimes if software was installed from a portable hard drive or USB memory card, and then the drive removed from the system; the installation is inserting the temporary drive letter into the Windows registry. If it is the case, try the following: Try to uninstall from Add/Remove programs (Control Panel) and then copy the RSLogix 500 installation folder off of portable hard drive and paste it into a temporary file on the local hard drive. Install the software again from the local copy. Hope this helps, - fuzzy logic

I downloaded this update right from Rockwell. I could uninstall and install again if that is what I have to do. Maybe someone else has an idea. Thanks for the suggestion. Tom

It's probably an interaction between the TrendX object and the Windows Installer. The first thing I'd try is un-installing RSLogix 500, rebooting, running the RSView32 project, rebooting, then reinstalling RSLogix 500. That should give the MSI Installer a clean and complete installation. The riskier option is to try using the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility (still available in the Knowledgebase under Answer ID 49114).

This is what I did. Uninstall and then reinstall RSLOGIX 500. It seems to be behaving better now. Thanks for the reply. Tom

I got similar problem few time in the past. When I did RSLogix500 installation with a Office program open (Outlook, Word, Excel) installation start each time I start RSLogix. Maybe this issue is not in version 8.30. Be sure all progam is close when install Rockwell software.