Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DLB

Odd/Annoying Warning

10 posts in this topic

I'm using RSLogix5000 and have a bit of an odd warning. Whenever I verify the controller all is fine barring this one warning. I've been ignoring it for a while now but have decided to try and get to the bottom of it. As you can see from the attached screenshot, it is a pretty self explanatory warning in that it believes there is a program that does not have a main routine associated with it. Only problem is, I can't see where this is. When I left click the warning it launches the Program Properties window on the Configuration tab, prompting me to assign a main routine. You can see from the screen shot that there are no available routines. Hopefully there is enough information shown on the screen shot for someone to be able to help. Thanks

I think it's referring to the routine LOCO1. Right click on it and check its assigned starting program. If not that right click on the safety routine.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this was the first thing I tried. The warning appears to be referring to LOCO1 but it definitely has "Main" assigned as its main routine. I have checked all other programs, including the safety program and they all have a main routine assigned. I have also saved the project as an .L5K and imported it back into RSLogix. That didn't get rid of the warning either.

Ok thats strange... It looks to me like all your programs have a main file assigned. Did you possibly have a program that was named 'main' that you deleted? I think I might try creating a program Main and a routine under it. See if you can get the warning to go away that way. If it does then maybe you can delete it after and get rid of the problem. Alternatively, you might just create a new program file and copy/paste and/or drag your logic, tags, etc to the new program and get around it that way. I would like to hear how you solve it when you do.

Now you mention it, I did have a program called Main which got deleted a while back. But when I try and make a new program called "Main" it tells me the program already exists. It's as if it is buried somewhere and I cant see it.

Also just tried running File>>Compact. Thought this might clear out anything previously deleted but it didn't work.

Managed to find the problem. I didn't realise I had a power up handler program called main (yes, I like to call things Main :) ) that did not have any routines added at all. Consequently the Program did not have a main routine. It won't let me delete it, not sure why but I have simply put an empty subroutine in the PUH Program and the warning has disappeared. Seems to simple now I gave got to the bottom of it :)

Have you tried looking into Main Task properties (right click) and removing it in there?

Ahhhh! Yes, now I see the little plus sign next to the power up folder. Kinda tricky - thanks for going through the pain and suffering for the rest of us! Now if I can just remember this when I do this to myself....

I'm very happy to see now blue entries in the verification results anymore :) Thanks for your help! Hopefulyl less people will make the same daft mistake if they see this thread!