Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twitte

Problem Communicating ML1400 to Panelview Plus

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am having a hard time communicating between a new Micrologix 1400 and a New Panelview Plus 1000 through a straight thru (crossover) Ethernet connection. I set the IP address in the micrologix (169.254.70.39) in the program itself and set the IP address on the panelview (169.254.70.40) through the application settings. Both have the same Subnet 255.255.0.0 I am able to see both components individually on my PC when I set up the device shortcuts in the RS Enterprise communications (thru ethernet). I am able to test the Panelview application on my PC. When I connect the (2) components I am getting ERROR messages all over the screen. Any idea's what I am missing? I have done this before with ML 1100's successfully. Thank You

The PV+ requires a minimum firmware revision to support the MicroLogix 1400... version 5.00.03 at least. Is the cable between the PV+ and the MicroLogix a straight patch cable, or a cross-over cable ? You referred to it as both.

I am using a crossover cable between the ML1400 and PV1000. I am programming with Factory Talk View Stuido ME release 5.10.00 cpr9 spr2. How do I check the firmware, this is labeled on the PV somewhere? It is a new product so I assumed everything was current. Thank You

In the PV+ setup screens there will be a "About FactoryTalk View ME Station" section that tells you the revision of firmware that's installed. Whatever was shipped with the terminal should be on a sticker on the back. It's certainly possible, though unlikely, that the terminal was on the shelf at your distributor before being sold to you. Having re-read your original post I have a more likely explanation: RSLinx Enterprise Shortcuts have two definitions: the "Local / Development" and the "Target / Runtime". FTView Studio uses the Development path for browsing tags and for running individual Test Displays. It uses the Runtime path for actual full test runtimes (the "running man" icon) and for running on the Terminal itself. So double-check and make sure the RSLinx Enterprise path is the same on the Development and Runtime tabs... the 'Copy' button is meant exactly for your situation because the paths will be identical over Ethernet. And when you download to the PanelView Plus terminal, you will see an option for "Apply Communications Configuration". You want to do that, so that the definition you've done in FTView Studio actually gets applied on the terminal.

Great Thanks Ken. I am pretty sure that my my IP configuratoins are the same in design and runtime, however, I never did check the box that replaces the communications on download, so there is a good chance this is it. I will check this out tommorrow morning and let you know. Thanks for the help, it could save my delivery.