Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

CJ2H-CPU64 EIP time update problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I got this CJ2H-CPU64 EIP in my home office, and use it for switching on/off the stereo, some lights and instruments. For obvious reasons I call it Marvin. I have tried to set it up for automatic time synch from time.nist.gov. It don't synch, but show the error code Er E3. At first I thought it was depressed, but found out this probably means no contact with time server. I have opened up UDP port 123 and all the low TCP ports in the firewall. There is no indication in the firewall logs that indicates blocking of traffic to/from the PLC. Apart from the URL, all the settings concerning time in the PLC are default. Any ideas?

Better late than never, I have uploaded a manual for you: W465-E1-05 CS-CJ-Series-Ethernet-IP Operation Manual Page 356/357 describe the E3 error. There are some flags you need to check that give a detailed problem description. Section 12 of the manual describes setting up the Automatic Clock Adjustment Function, that might be useful as well. Good luck!

Thank you, I have not had the time (sic) to look into it until this afternoon, but it seems to be OK now. Don't know exactly what did the trick, but as I did not have the DNS server specified (I assumed it would use the default DNS of the ISP) , it probably helped to use the IP address of the time server instead of "time.nist.gov". Also I put the IP address of my firewall in the Default Gateway. Geir