Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RhodyCho

ML1400 to Excel

4 posts in this topic

Good morning folks. I'm relatively new to the PLC world, only been dealing with them the last year or so. I'm interested in pulling data out of a ML1400 into an Excel sheet on a PC, either connected directly through ethernet or through a cellular modem. Ideally I would use this Excel sheet to actually log the data, in other words bring in the data every 5 or 10 seconds along with a time stamp, and populate the sheet for a day or more. I have a combination of integers, floating points, and bits I'm needing to pull in. I've established a DDE and assigned a topic to the processor but I'm a bit confused on what to do from there. Can someone provide some pointers or a link to a prior post where this was covered? I would certainly appreciate it. I did do some searching but did not find anything specific. I'm using RS Linx Classic Lite and I have several integers in the processor representing time (hours, minutes, seconds) feeding from a Panelview. Thanks.

RsLinx Lite does not support DDE. Are you sure you have the "lite" ( free) version? See link below for some possible examples. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=3

Thanks Mickey. Yeah I did have the Lite version but just received the OEM version and loaded it up. Have a basic DDE going on, pulling in three values. It looks like I can go through some of those examples you linked and learn a few things. Hoping to pull in 27 data points with a time stamp in a defined interval, say every minute. Thanks.