Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armadillo852

Factory Talk

2 posts in this topic

Has anybody run into an issue where you install factory talk studio and other software has prevented it from installing correctly? I have an issue with my factory talk where I start it up, select the project I want to open, and errors out. I also get an error when I try to restore an APA file or restore from an MER file. There error is something about not enough space, blah, blah, blah.... Checked with AB for 4 days and the last suggestion from them was to format and start over. SIGH

With FTView, "Format your HDD, Reinstall Windows, and Start Over" is just about the only answer you will get out of Rockwell at any level of support. You didn't happen to try to update an installation of FTView? Or any other Rockwell software for that matter (Logix, Linx, etc)? Even applying the 'Patches' for FTView from the roll-ups generally makes the Factory Talk Services Platform incompatible with everything. 1) Uninstall EVERYTHING Rockwell. Then search through the registry, and delete every key related to Rockwell Software. 2) Reboot 3) Install the RS Software starting with your PLC programming products, and Linx first. 4) Reboot 5) Install FTView after EVERYTHING else is installed and running. After this, if it works, do NOT install ANY Rockwell update or patch, unless you want the frustration of having to re-install everything again. The absolutely best bet with anything Rockwell (or Siemens, for that matter) is to get VMWare, and do installs in separate Virtual Machines. At least doing that doesn't completely trash your entire computer.