Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
megavolt818

FX-ENET Communication Issue

2 posts in this topic

I currently have a FX-ENET module connected to a FX3U PLC. I have the ENET connected to a computer that is running a custom user interface (written in VB). I am running an OPC server on the computer. Everything is working great except that I am not able to recover from a communication error. For example, I will have everything working just as it should and then I unplug the ethernet cable from the ENET module. The COMM> ERR light will come on. I plug the cable back in and I am not able to re-establish communications with the ENET module. I can PING the module's IP address, but the OPC server will not communicate with the ENET module. If I power the PLC and ENET module off and then back on, communication will be re-established. How can I re-establish communications without have to turn the power off and then back on. It there a setting that I am missing? I talked to the OPC vendor and it looks like the port on the ENET module is not closing and then re-opening properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

You should be able to write logic in the PLC to close and reopen the port after a comm error. Check the manual for the module.