Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin Kurt

Problem with Ethernet connectivity

2 posts in this topic

This is my first post on this Forum and I would like to say Hello to everyone :) I have a problem with connecting Mitsubishi Ethernet interface to our company's LAN. Let me give you more detailed information. The Ethernet device picture is in the attachment. Now it is connected to an old 3Com switch, which is also a BNC/Ethernet converter. Everything is working fine - all Mitsubishi devices can be accessed and PING is also working. But recently that BNC connection became not reliable, as it begun to lose the signal, so the company has decided to upgrade this network node and installed a fibreoptics media, to throw that old BNC switch and cable away. After connecting the Ethernet device to a new Cisco Catalyst Express 500 switch, it is no longer accessible from the LAN. PING does not work, software can't access FX2n devices anymore. After changing it all back to the old switch - everything works fine. On Cisco's internal device monitor - everything looks OK, port is active, and there is even an outgoing transmission present (with a little bit of incoming packets as well). But the device can't be accessed from the network anymore. Network administrator has already tried to change Cisco's Ethernet port speed (1000/100/10), duplex (Full, Half), but it didn't help. The new Cisco switch is a part of the same network and VLAN, so after connecting it should work right away, without changing any settings. Other devices (computers, printers), connected to the Cisco switch do work without any problem. Could you tell me what can be wrong? Where to look? Is it necessary to change some settings inside Mitsubishi device? Thank you for any suggestions. If you need additional information for diagnosing this problem, please let me know. And let me add that I am not familiar with this Ethernet device at all. I only do network maintenance. Have a great day Kevin Edited by Kevin Kurt

Sounds like you have an issue with IP addresses on the new network. Connect to the PLC and with FX Configurator-EN, verify that the settings in the module will work for your updated network. This is something you need to work with the controls engineers who know Mitsubishi PLC on. I can see according to the lights on the front that one communication channel (1) is open, as shown by the light on the bottom of the front. Of course this would be easier to see if someone had not taken the cover off with all of the LED names. The software can perhaps give an error code and more information.