Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe E.

PVPlus 1250 Login Issue

2 posts in this topic

For my first project at my new employer, I have to translate an old HMI program (uses the old DOS PanelBuilder Development Software) to a PanelView Plus 1250. The display module is 2711P-RDT12C, with a 2711P-RN6 DH+/DH485/RIO comms module. The assembled unit is 2711P-T12C6A2. Our development software is RSView Studio release 4.00.00. I have a fair amount of experience in PanelBuilder 32 but have never used RSView before. It is a stand-alone panel used for monitoring, no machine operations. It will talk to a PLC 5/40B over DH+ (the existing HMI uses RIO). I have it set up on the bench with a PLC and it's talking and everything works except logging in. We would like to block regular operator access to the configuration mode. Using publication VIEWME-UM004C-EN-E, chapter 13, I set up user accounts. When logging in using one of those accounts, the panel returns "Login of user 'USER' failed. Insufficient access rights." In an existing panel, entry of a gibberish user name or password will each return a unique error message, different from this, so I it's not a typo type error. I have a screen that has the <Display Parameters> - <Security Code> set to "A". In the User accounts dialog, the DEFAULT user is set to NOT have access to any levels above *, while 'USER' has access to all levels. When the "GoToScreen" button is pressed for the protected screen, the new panel shows the protected screen, even though no user is logged in. The existing panel displays an error message (as I would expect it to). To make sure I had everything right, I opened the program for an existing PanelView 1500 and downloaded it into the new panel. The same thing occurs, where the protected screen is accessible without logging in, and the login dialog doesn't recognize the user. It all works properly in the PanelView 1500 that is operating in a machine, using the same source code. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing? Is there a firmware version conflict? I have spent a fair amount of time trying to track this down but haven't had any success. The .apa file for the program in question is zipped and attached. Thanks in advance for any help. BondingLine.zip

Figured it out. When compiling the runtime file, it defaulted to version 4.0. When I select version 3.2, all works as intended.