Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waiwcw

QD75P4 and MR-J3-A

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys...i was trying to make connection with QD75P4 to MR-J3-A Servo amplifier. I have follow the recommended wiring diagram from the manual but when i try to trigger signal to the servo, the motor didnt rotate. Previously I done the wrong wiring using Differential line driver connection. Just know that QD75P4 need open collector connection. So i correct back my connection but my servo motor still no movement. I try a Multimeter to verify the signal output from QD75P4. Both the Pulse F and Pulse R having signal at the same time. Is it normal or my QD75P4 got burnt?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

so how exactly did you connect it before and how exactly you are connecting it now? if the wrong connection was...wrong ehough...you could have damaged something. you should check outputs by scope, multimeter is too slow and depending how you configure the card you can have both signals on "at the same time" (they would be out of phase). there are several things you need to ensure to run servo and all is outlined in manual. assuming wiring connections are correct and all hardware is ok, you still need to initialize servo, set motor size, etc. then you can jog. once you home it (OPR) then you can run positioning move. but - i suggest to focus on reading and decoding servo errors or this will be very very long and painfull project. correct wiring means among other things: - power is present to the servo drive, - there is no overtravel tripped (by default these are normally closed contacts, if you don't have them, you need to bypass them) - you need to enable drive - you need to verify that if motor has brake, it is wired correcly (you should hear clicking sound every time you enable or disable asis).

alright...thanks for the suggestion....will look into it...thanks a lot..