Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
srinivasnew

TRANSFERING PROGRAM TO CF CARD FROM VIJEO DESIGNER

2 posts in this topic

HI GUYS, I AM NEW TO THIS AUTOMATION FIELD.....INTIALLY WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE PROGRAM TO THE COMPACT FLASH CARD BY USING SYSTEM FILE WHICH DOESN'T INCLUDE ANY DATA LOGGING GROUP FROM VIJEO DESIGNER V5.1.20 ITS SHOWS NO ERROR...BUT WHEN I WANT TO DOWNLOADTHE PROGRAMM WHICH INCLUDES THE DATA LOGGING TO COMPACT FLASH CARD FROM VIJEO DESIGNER V5.1.20 I AM GETTING THE FOLLOWING ERROR.... VARIABLES[LOGGING GROUP] HAS EXCEEDED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER[100] IN THE TARGET DISPLAY.TO ENABLE BUILD REDUCE THE NUMBER OF VARIABLES CONNECTED TO A LOGGING GROUP HERE MY TARGET DISPLAY IS XBTGT 7230 AND I AM USING ONLY ONE LOGGING GROUP FOR VARIABLES 309...AND COMPACT FLASH CARD IS KINGSTON 4 GB.... CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO FIGURE THIS ERROR THIS NEWCOMER IN THIS FILED... THOUGH ITS A FUNNY THING CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN THIS ISSUE..... THANQ.. SRINIVAS Edited by srinivasnew

The problem I have found when using cf cards is that you have to use the schneider cf card. Sure the cheap home pc cards work but not always. For instance when you want to retrieve data that was logged. Sometimes its there sometimes it isnt. Same with downloading to the card. Doesnt work everytime. After changing from the pc store cf cards to the schneider specified cards all my headaches were gone. Another thing. With version 5 of vijeo designer you can use any usb memory stick as a data logger. And I'm not 100% sure but think to store the program aswell. You can maybe try first using a usb stick before buying the schneider cf card By the way you have specified the data logging to hold 100 records, but you have told it to log more than 100 variables. You should increase that value, or create 3 or 4 logging groups which holds each 100 variables Edited by cHud