Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evnttrggr

Using RSLinx Gateway over a network

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have the following arrangement: Computer #1: RSLinx Gateway Logix 5000 Emulator IP: 192.168.13.230 Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 192.168.13.1 Computer #2 RSLinx OEM RSLogix 5000 IP: 192.165.72.240 Subnet: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 192.165.72.1 Intention: I need to browse the emulator on Computer #1 using Logix 5000 on Computer #2. Configuration: I have configured the IP address of the Computer #2 in the client list for the Gateway on the Computer #1. I have restarted the RSLinx service on both computers after completing the configuration. Problem: I am not able to browse the Gateway on the Computer #1 through the RSLinx on Computer #2. Why is this happening? What have I missed or done incorrectly? Is this setup even going to work? Kindly advise, Regards.

First Things First What Connects Gateway 192.168.13.1 to 192.165.72.1. Can you ping between the machines. If ping doesn't work you have a network problem outside of rslinx.

A router connects the two computers. Both computers can ping each other. I can access shared folders from one computer to another.

Don't forget to enable the Gateway functionality on the computer running the RSLinx Gateway license. Select Communications -> Configure Gateway and check the Enable box, then restart RSLinx Classic. Also be sure that you don't have a firewall or VPN that blocks incoming connections on the RSLinx Gateway PC. PING and HTTP and simple file sharing are well-known ports that are open through most firewalls. RSLinx Gateway listens for clients on TCP Ports 2222 and 44818 and UDP Port 44818.

I had checked the Enable check box and also restarted the RSLinx service on the Gateway computer during configuration. Even after that the two computers are not communicating. Would it help if I have the ports 2222 and 44818 added to the firewall (and router?) exceptions lists? I have begun to wonder if this arrangement will even work! Insights and advices please.