Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Rockwell Allen Bradley Servo Motor Recall

2 posts in this topic

My Plant Electrical Engineer handed me a notice from Rockwell dated June 2010 stating that some of there servo motors {MPL, MPM, MPF and MPS} manufactured in Mexico under Date Codes 4909 tthru 1210 {between the 49th week of 2009 and the 12th week of 2010} were assembled with no grease in the bearings. Turns out I have 17 such motors in my facility for which RA is aranging warranty replacement. You may want to check out the http://www.rockwellautomation/knowledgebase under ID Number 69008 for more information. Just in case your Engineers are as swamped and slow at reading their mail as mine were.

I dont' know what happened to RA recently.Many products have problems when power on during commissioning. Kinetix drive cannot recognize motor Kinetix drive short circuit Kinetix firmware cannot downgrade to lower version Servo motors have not grease oil 1756 IO module are found not working properly 1734-ACNR cannot connect its internal bus..... I have never ...ever...seen so many problems about products within one month