Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

FX2N-16EYT

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am currently doing a project where I needed to add output expansion. I have never used these units before. I have a FX2N-16EYT. I cant seem to find any manuals to set up the module. I am using a FX3U PLC. Is there any setup code for this unit? Can someone point me in the right direction to a manual? Thanks in advance, plcdp

You don't need any code, the addresses starts at the first octal after the BaseUnit address. E.g. FX3U-16 has Outputs Y0-7, then the extension starts at Y10.

There's no configuration needed. You just need to address your output starting at the next octal block from the main cpu. If the last output on the main was Y27, your first new output would be Y30. You do need a converter to go from FX3U to FX2N extensions (p/n FX2n-CNV-IF??? not sure). All manuals can be found at www.meau.com Edited by bobtalbot

Hello, Are you sure a converter is necessary? I currently use FX2n extensions with FX3U CPU's with no converter. i.e. Analog in/out, CC-link etc... Thanks for the input, plcdp

Sorry for the late answer. No, you don't need anything for a FX3U. I think botalbot is thinking of FX3UC (Mark the "C" for compact), which needs an IF converter to be able to connect extension modules (both the FX2NC and FX3UC needs this converter). Edit: corrected spelling error Edited by kaare_t

Sorry! I had FX3UC on my mind.