Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramons

RS View SE to ME

6 posts in this topic

Good day all, I have my application all done in SE, i would like to know if it is possible to export my application from SE to ME somehow, i have done a bit of research and cant seem to find anything useful. Would really appreciate it if anyone has come across something like this, maybe even just my graphics .

I don't know about SE, but I did a project conversion from RSView32 (the slightly older version) into ME, and there was no way to import it directly. I couldn't even have the two programs open on the same computer at the same time. You might be able to export/import the screens? You should definitely be able to do the tags.

What have you tried and or what errors do you get? http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=59288

I have tried to export my screens from SE, easy and no problems, however it is in XML, which in my opinion is a very limited format. I then opened my xml document in wordpad and have edited it several times, changed from SE to ME, changed version type, changed every error that came up, i removed and it just will not import, keeps saying i have errors and eventually i am left with nothing to import. Is there any way to convert the xml into something else.

Sorry. That is the only way we have done it so I can't help with another format.

Try creating a basic screen in ME and exporting it to XML then comparing the two.