Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hurler

Help with IOWR/IORD Command

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help as I'am not too fimiliar with Omron Software. I'am using CX Programmer to program a CS1 PLC to Write and Read information from a Special Module on the Rack using the IOWR and the IORD commands. The Special Module is a Profibus DP Master PRM21 and I'am looking for Diagnostic Information. Unfortuetely it doesn't seem to be working. I have set up the commands in the normal way with the manual recommending to use a EQ_Flag (255.06) to indicate the result of the Exucution of the IOWR. If this Flag is set the message was transfered successfully and if not there is a problem. My flag doesn't set so I checked the details from my Special Module status words. Everything seems fine Network Exchanges Data, Run Active, Input data transferred with no error messages. Would you know if I am I using the correct EQ_Flag (255.06) as I just saw this in an example in the Manual. Also when I tried to but in my Destination value directly in hex i.e 0008 it stated that the operand was not within range (and wanted a 5 digit Hex No~???? that started with a value of 1?). I got around this by entering my value in a Register and entering the reg number. Would this be the problem? Is there anywhere i can get a good example of how these work or would anyone have an idea what I'am doing wrong. Is there anywhere else that I can check on the PLC for error codes. Grateful for any help. Thanks

The new Profibus masters for CS1/CJ1 are ready and shipping. You'll find them a heck of lot easier to use than the old C200HW-PRM21.

Thanks Jay for you help. This might be a dumb question